Sarah's Supper

So today begins the fasting of Fast Sunday.  Of the many lessons that Candice and I have learned of each other, you do not talk to me on Fast Sunday.  Sadly, it is a hard day for me.

Sarah is too young to fast.  Dad (me) did not want to cook for her, so he made her a sandwich instead.  I figured that is what she wanted, since she always eats half of my sandwiches (her mom eats the other half, so I usually wind up making two, one for me, one for them).

So I made her and Dayton supper and got to making a bed for Dayton.  When I finished making Dayton's bed and putting Dayton to bed, I went back to Sarah.

And there she was eating her supper.  Her sandwich completely apart, half eaten, left alone.

Sarah's newfound supper was Dayton's dog food.

Comments

squiresclan said…
Hey!! I'm sorry about being blocked on my blog was wondering why i hadn't seen ya around it in awhile haha. No worries i opened it up so you don't need an invite! So stop by sometime :) And that's too cute about Sarah and the doggy food i forgot to mention that it is very tasty to toddlers, all my kids have ate it at one point or another. just remember it full of vitamins and protien :) haha
Annette said…
It must taste good, but the thought of it (yuck). My brother used to feed it to me. He was such a good babysitter (not)...Hope you enjoy your new member of the family. And at least Sarah knows where to get food if Mom and Dad are too busy to fix anything.
Jensens said…
Every kid needs to experience dog food, don't they? It think it's a natural part of growing up :)
Anonymous said…
Now, when she's 8 or 10 and the neighbor dares her to eat dog food, she can just say, "Oh, I already have."

Wendy
Becky said…
Eating dog food (or in my case, cat food) - that's a rite of passage, isn't it? :)

Adam has a hard time fasting, too. It's the only day of the month he sleeps in.