A little financial history

On a historic financial note: we refinanced our home!  I feel like an adult now.  Hooray for ridiculously low interest rates.  We did not get in at the 4% mark (oh, procrastination), but 5% really made a difference.

We got Sarah's doctor bill.  It was not as bad as we feared.  A little over six-thousand dollars.  Andrew honestly thought that it would be one hundred thousand.  I guess he was recalling when our nephew was in the ICU followed up by a ninety thousand dollar bill.

I wonder if we will look back and tell the young people how expensive we thought everything was, and they will be flabbergasted at the low prices.  

You know, kind of like 5 cent milk, 25 cent gas, and a $15,000 house.  Remember when?

Comments

Andrew said…
For the record, our loan would have been too small to break the 4% barrier. Maybe with Obama's changes, the case may be different (hey, do you want to finance my house? Obama wants you to), but for now we got about the best deal we could with the numbers we have.
Andrew said…
So in other words, it had nothing to do with procrastination because we never qualified for the 4% barrier.

If your loan amount is at least 200k, you just might qualify.
Candice said…
I just remember calling the Friday before the holiday, and we could have gotten it in the upper echelons of 4%. I then called again after the holiday and it was at 5%, where I locked it in.
Annette said…
5% is still really great!
Annette said…
My mom was in the hospital for a month when she was pregnant with my oldest brothers(twins), she had toxemia..the bill was $120.00.
Anonymous said…
Just thinking about interest rates gives me a stomach ache. I'm not the type to monkey with re-fi stuff because of that very fact.

So--glad you got a good rate! Glad I didn't have to do all that reading of the fine print and whatnot!

Wendy
Janet said…
They say the bill to one night at a hospital is more expensive than staying at a luxurious resort/spa. It's ridiculous! FYI, you know those saline flushes that they use a jillion times a day to flush the IV, each one costs $6. There isn't even medication in it. All things pharmaceutical are shady!
Andrew said…
Which is why I cringed when Mr. Pharmaceutical lobbyist was asked to be the Secretary of HHS.

Thank goodness he never made it to confirmation.