The lost art and the Bagley Reunion 2008 photo

Letter writing is a lost art. I refer to the kind using real paper and real envelopes and a real stamp. 

Three days ago I opened four letters (thanks to Valentine's Day): one from Mom, Katrina, Joan, and Aunt Patsy. Two of them were from Grandmothers to their granddaughter, but two were for me and I loved them.

Thoughtfully, Aunt Patsy sent me a picture of our Bagley Reunion 2008. I had requested it a few months ago via mass email, and she sent it. I thought that it would come electronically, but she sweetly printed it on real paper.

Sarah carried it around with her looking at the faces of her cousins and surprised me by calling them by name. I would not have had this joy, had not Aunt Patsy sent the picture.

Thank you for the written word. Thank you for the picture.  It is such a good-looking family.  I wonder if Floyd and Vivian Call Bagley were reunion attendees.  If my posterity had a reunion, and I knew about it, I might show up.


Bagley Reunion, 2008.  Sent by Aunt Patsy via U.S. Postal Service.

Comments

Dan said…
What a big family. So awesome.
Jensens said…
I love reunions. Great family!
Ben and Shara said…
Wow I need to brush up on the family names.

I also want to say that I think you two are such a fine and happy couple. I love the way you talk about each other and support each other in print and word. That is a sign of a good relationship. Way to set the standard nice and high for the rest of us to strive for.