Open House

Today we finally went to the Draper Temple Open House. One word: wow. (This was a scan of my program)

On the bus. They bus visitors from various churches where we park. Ours was the yellow bus. There, we watched a wonderful video on the purpose and history of temples. 

Then Sarah got see with her eyes what children do not often see: the upper rooms of the temple. Her favorite though, was the baptismal font.  Instead of being reverent she kept on 'mooing'.  Do oxen moo?
This is a little out of order.  After the wonderful temple tour, you walk directly into the adjoining Stake Center for cookies and water. Hooray for a Church who believes in refreshments.  There were wonderful displays about temples around the world.
Entering the Draper Temple.  For especially cold days, the path from the bus to the entrance was completely tented and heated.  Sarah has a bottle, because we brilliantly chose to go to the Open House during her nap time.  She does not need a bottle, nor does she ask for one, but when I need something to keep her quiet and occupied for an hour, a bottle is magic.
None of these pictures show the beauty and spirit that we felt inside the temple.  Sister Anne Madsen was quoted in the video that we watched to the effect that temples were a glimpse of our Heavenly Home.  When I enter the Celestial rooms of temples, that is how I feel.  I imagine my own personal heavenly home to look and feel very similar, with the same elegant and simple furnishings and architecture.
I am grateful for Temples.

Comments

Jensens said…
I'm so excited to go! I love the "moo" comment. It's so fun to let the children see what is inside the temple, they always love it. I wonder if they have glimpses of what it was like before they came to earTH
The Bears said…
Bear and Sarah have something in common. Although Bear did not moo... I could see in his eyes he was thinking about it.
Becky said…
I think I've only ever been to one open house for a temple. It was wonderful, though.

I think Sarah looks just like you!