The photographs

Drew did a beautiful job describing the events of Sarah's hospital experience for you and posterity. I thought that I would add some pictures.

Andrew, with unbounding patience, found happiness in holding Sarah for hours.  He seriously loved just holding her.  I am an anxious sort of person that has to get up and run around.  Andrew just rocked and rocked and pondered and sang.  This was day three.  Look at Andrew's tired eyes.

Sarah in crib jail.
Her I.V.  This was a little sad.

The 'bed' Andrew and I shared.  We actually fit...mostly.

Comments

Jeff has slept in that bed many times - (baby births, er visits, et al). You'll have to compare "bedtime" stories! ; )

Love the pics - Sarah will love them too.
Unknown said…
Candice, this is my new favorite blog. What a sad story but GREAT blog fodder. I'm glad you're baby threw up too!
jennaloha said…
I don't know why my profile isn't showing up with my comment, but if you want to check out my blog here's the link: at-the-copa.blogspot.com
Annette said…
Thanks for sharing that whole story....I am so happy for you..I can't imagine what you must have gone through. Children are such an amazing blessing..I am so happy that Super Sarah is okay..Give her an extra hug for me.
Jensens said…
I am so glad everything turned out OK. Children are so amazingly smart. Lucky for Sarah, she has amazing parents. As you told the story, I could picture everything happening. The hospital is not a fun place, but I am so glad we have Primary Children's so close. They do an amazing job there.

BTW - did you get the pills for the dog?:)
Janet said…
So you're little Sarah is such a trooper. Thanks for sharing all the details. I love how you mentioned the crib/ cages. When I was in my pediatric rotation, I used to go in and take the little kiddos who didn't have family out of their cages and either play or just hold them. It just broke my heart to see them in there. Isn't the practice of medicine amazing though! I'm so happy to hear that all our okay. Love you guys.