A found picture

I was doing some spring cleaning when I stumbled upon a scratch piece of paper that I nearly tossed into the garbage.

On the other side of the scrap of paper was a proof of the picture taken as I walked off of the stage at my BYU graduation.  You know, where a professional photographer quickly snaps a picture of all of the graduates as they exit the stage, and then they try to get you to buy it.  This was the tiny proof glued to a piece of yellow paper.

It looks a little scratchy and old, but even though it was taken at the beginning of the new millennium, photography was still with film, and we did not take many photos.

Hence, I do not have many photos from a particularly good looking time in my life: the BYU years (particularly post mission.  That was an especially cute time).

I almost did not walk.  I had been prolonging my BYU experience for lack of an eternal mate, and wondering what I should do.  Right before I walked I was at a Seminary Teachers meeting, as I was finishing the Opt program.  I believe that I had three jobs at the time and was also going to school, and preparing for graduate school.

But, I walked, and I am glad that I did.  I walked with Brandi, her husband, Steve, and their baby, Elayna (which was how I envisioned walking...with husband and our baby dressed in a cap and gown too).  Our whole family came.  I decided after that experience that walking is important for the family and the picture.

I had so many questions then about my life, and what Heavenly Father wanted me to do.

Life is a lot simpler now.  Not quite as stimulating, but nice.  Really nice.

I have the really great husband.  I have a really great daughter.

Maybe I will get that graduate degree, so that I can dress her up in the cap and gown like I had wanted to do with my virtual baby years ago.

Comments

Jensens said…
What a cute picture!

Oh...those college days! Sometimes I miss them, but am happy to have my family. I have thought about getting my graduate degree as well. Maybe someday...
Anonymous said…
That IS a cute picture. Glad you didn't chuck it.

Wendy
The Bears said…
I love it... I was glad I decided to walk too.