My first ski trip...in 10 years

I was concerned that there would be no snow.

I finally got little sister's 15 year old skis waxed and sharpened and ready to hit the slopes (thanks to the skills of Brother Banford).  I am so glad that Katrina took up snowboarding (so that I could kife her neglected skis).

For years, I was sad that I had not learned the cool art of snowboarding, but today, I am proud to be a skier.

Not willing to pay for a pricey full day or even a half day pass, I went to the 3-4:30 p.m. daily free ski at Alta.  

Alta is probably the best ski resort in Utah, and therefore the world.  It has a cool 1960s feel, and the runs are gorgeous.

It was awesome.  There was snow.

I love the kind of people that flock to the free ski.  Chinese U of U students who ski in sweatpants and buy their skis at D.I.

A guy developing a video game.

And lots of children wearing helmets who were reigned to their parents while executing the snowplow.

Sarah is definitely going skiing with me next year...at the free ski.

Comments

Hey - That's exactly what we did over the holiday break! Abby loved it at first- but later she said she didn't want to go back. It was beautiful being up in those mountains. I love that drive. Maybe next year Sarah and Josie can do the bunny hill together!
Anonymous said…
You can't beat free.

Wendy
Jensens said…
I did not know there was a free ski at Alta! I love Alta, and that would be a great time period to go (after several years of not skiing). Thanks for the info.!
Annette said…
I also did not know that there was free skiing...of course I have never been and probably never will..too big of a chicken..but I may pass this information on..Thanks!!