World Championship skating, a fall, and singing angels

This is a camera I would like to have...okay with a little smaller lens--a LITTLE smaller.
Andrew found out about the World Speed skating Championships occurring at the Olympic Oval in Kearns, Utah.
We saw a world record there, as well as good friends whom we have not seen in years (sadly I did not get a picture of the friends...just of the Olympic bunny and fox (is that a fox?))
Today is Sunday and in the hurry to get ready for church, I fell down the stairs.  

I used to think that only old people and children fell down the stairs.  Now I know that it is old people, small children, and me.

I was holding Sarah.  Blessedly Andrew caught Sarah before I crushed her.  

I have a wonderful bruise on my hip and some abrasions to be proud of.  Sarah was the nurturer.  I was just glad I did not break any of her bones.
I also dropped my flute.  Nevertheless, the choir sounded EXCELLENT (as did the then healed flute)!  It was powerful.  I love that angels always sing with a humble choir.  I love how so many of our ward members sacrifice their time and talents to make a wonderful sound.  And the sound was wonderful.

Comments

Jensens said…
OUCH! The choir was wonderful, I got chills and everything! Thank you for providing such a great service for our ward.
Jensens said…
Thanks for your comment about Grace. Sometimes I feel that what we try to teach her goes in one ear and out the other. But maybe she does listen sometimes :).
The Bears said…
I love listening to you play the flute. You should get a stake calling as a flutist and travel to all the wards.
Lorin and Liza said…
Now why didn't I know that you are a "fella flutista"? Perhaps we can get together and "tweet". However, it has been some time since i tweeted that I am sure I would be all a twitter and not be entwined apropriately about the tune.
Anonymous said…
Ooch. Sorry about the fall. I always hate the next day--then I REALLY feel old.

Wendy
Candice said…
You speak the truth.
AHH! Sounds and looks painful! Hope your body heals fast! I love that Sarah was so sweet to you after the fall... kids seem to sense when they can play "mommy" and be so super loving.

That camera, by the way, looks as big as a person! I think I'd need an assistant just to carry around the lense!
Mike & Traci said…
oh....I am soo sorry you hurt your leg. That always puts a damper on a Sunday morning :(

Also, totally randam but your birthday party post for Jordan, my friend's Heather & Matt Slater are in the pics!! They live in the building right next to us, so I totally just called them & she says they have hung out w/ you before at the Bachelor finalle party! anyways what a small world (she's the girl hugging the other girl in the pic on the right side & then playing cards on the left side in the other pic)
Annette said…
Ouch!!That looks like it hurt...plus probably really scared the two of you...I am glad that you didn't break any bones. That is how I broke my foot..I am one of the old ones.. The choir number was amazing yesterday..your flute number was awesome and the choir sounded great. It really adds to our meetings...thanks for all your hard work.
Unknown said…
Candice- it's been fun seeing you picture commenting on my blog. I have to tell you I have a cool recent "encounter" with your cool dad the last time I was in Idaho. We went walking down by Twin Bridges and saw your dad doing loop de loops in the sky above us. It was fun to watch his tricks and just wonder what that must be like up that high somersaulting a plane through the sky!
Unknown said…
oh, and OW! sorry about your leg. I slipped on the stairs once holding my 3 three month old and landed right on my tailbone. Pretty sure I broke it but no way to really prove it. Luckily I somehow held onto the baby until I landed at which point she just kind of tipped out of my arm and fell backwards in slow motion at the bottom. (guardian angel?)
Candice said…
I believe in those angels. I have no idea how I stayed erect enough to hold Sarah up during the tumble. I felt that there was help.