Brandi, my sweet sister, her husband Dr. Steve, and four of their five children stayed the night at our house last night on their way to...Disneyland.  Five glorious days in Disneyland.

When Sarah woke up this morning, she had a wonderful surprise: four playmates in sleeping bags.  This is Sarah and Anders playing blocks this morning.
I miss them already.  When they left, our house became very empty.  

..........................................................
Sarah, like a hobbit, needed second breakfast this morning.  Maybe she was just bored.

Yeah, I think that she was just bored.  When she is really hungry, this does not happen:


Comments

Shannon said…
You guys are champions for having 6 people stay over... can you give me some tips? My sister and her husband and 4 kids are coming after we have the baby. I might have a real shocker going from 2 people in our house to 8 and a baby!

Also, I love love love the new picture of Sarah on your header. She is the most gorgeous little girl.
Janet said…
Ok so that new pic of Sarah is amazing. She is beautiful. How fun that Brandi and kids were able to stay with you guys, even if for only one night. Oh and my favorite part of the pic of Sarah and the cereal mess is the fact that there is alcohol gel in the photo. Did you stage that so people know that her hands were clean? Just joshin, maybe it's not funny. Ok, yeah it really is.
Unknown said…
Love the giant picture!

And using that left-hand to eat cereal ! That's my girl.
Unknown said…
Oh, Candice, you asked for advice for piano books:

I start out with notes of course, the 2 black keys are a "dog house" with d (the dog) in the middle, and the "big house" has a garage and attic. And label them from there playing some games with that.

I love the Piano Adventures books and Fletcher books too. That's mostly what I teach from. One of my parents likes Bastien so we've done that a little too.

So every lesson (once we know the notes)we do a scale to warm up. then a few songs from two different books and then we plunk out "I am a child of God" and other easy primary songs. There are some easy songbooks at Deseret Book. That's my formula. It works really well.
YEA!!! We love when cousins come to visit! I totally agree with you - it feels so empty when they leave! Sigh... Hey - please tell Brandi I love her and miss her!