Sarah today. She had a rough night.
We had a good week so far, though.

We went to a Bees game for FHE on Monday.  Some rad couples from our ward invited us.  Sadly, Andrew could not make it, but Sarah and I had a marvelous time.  We loved talking with the other women, Sarah got a monster sucker from my visiting teacher, Rachael, and we saw friends who we had not seen for ages, and met a new friend.

The weather was perfect, and Sarah and I rode our bike from our house to the ballpark.  We did not even die (I sometimes worry about getting hit in Utah.  In the hierarchy of life, bicyclists are pretty low).
We no longer have cable.  Our complex opted out, and we chose not to get it any more.  It has made life more serene.  We sleep longer.  

'Signing Time' is our salvation.  We checked out 5 of them from the library, and because they are educational, they can be out as long as a book.  We love the music, and have it playing for way too many hours in the day. 
On Saturday, Andrew took us to the Miller Raceway, for Le Mans racing (Andrew will have to edit this if I got that wrong).

Even though neither of us are into cars, he said that you go to the races for the atmosphere, and the people.  

These were the people sitting in front of us in the shuttle.  

Car racing has kept the eighties alive.


We also updated our food storage today.  It came on a palate and is taking up a good portion of our garage.  I felt like it was the right thing, even though I pray we never have to use it for an emergency.  

Comments

Janet said…
What a productive week. You sound like my mother when it comes to bicycles. When I first moved down to Tucson I opted to simplify my life and only take a bicycle. It drove my mother crazy because I would ride my bike to the grocery store instead of asking my roommates or someone in the ward. I even walked the 1-mile to church when the weather was good. I wish all times in life could be that simple. I also love that you photographed the hair-do's of the people in front of you- I totally agree. I once went to a nascar race and had no idea what the heck was going on but was totally amused people watching. Good times.
Jensens said…
I'm sorry Sarah had a rough night (that means mom had one, too).

Her hair looks so cute! I love it when Olivia and Grace let me do their hair.

I've never been to Miller Sports Park, it looks interesting.
Shannon said…
Those mullets! Whoa!

And sorry to hear about Sarah... but we had a great time at the game with you guys on Monday! Glad you didn't get hit by a car. I feel the same way about Utah-why is biking so disrespected here?!
Andrew said…
Shannon,

No need to say sorry about Sarah. All Candice could talk about was the wonderful time they both had at the game.

Thanks for helping them have such a great time!

Drew
I was laughing so hard about the 80's hair! My husband's southern accent only comes out when he's talking about NASCAR...and the "going for the people" trick hasn't worked to get me to go to a race yet! grin... In spring weather, bike riding is WONDERFUL! Enjoy it!
Mrs. Olsen said…
MHS trained you well for the mullet watch.

So a pallet of food storage huh? Where'd you buy it from?
B and C said…
Wow quite the week. Sarah is getting so big and pretty. I love that her hair is getting longer and thicker. We don't have cable anymore either actually no TV currently and I am totally in Love with it. I have been planting flowers taking long walks, running at the track. Even though I love my Oprah it has been a breath of fresh air to do other things. Thanks Waverly. You should come look at our garage we have so much food storage too. We have a year supply for 4 people and it overtakes our garage.

We won't see you on Sun. we are going camping but have a great weekend.
Anonymous said…
Sweet mullets!
The Bears said…
I love the picture of Sarah as your header, although I really liked the one of you both at the Logan temple as well. It really went with the enthusiasm quote. I guess, most pictures of Sarah are going to be awesome, so you can't go wrong. The one in your post almost looks like she's holding a notebook and going to her first day of school. She looks grown up.

Anyway, I pretty much figured that about morning sickness. I've tried everything and nothing has helped, but I figured I'd ask. The only thing that gives me hope, is that for most people (and hopefully I'm one of them) it is supposed to end sometime near the end of the first trimester. 4 more weeks to go!