The Church History Library

The Open House is today and tomorrow.

I feel strong about libraries and the written record. Especially records of Heavenly Father blessing His children. I am so glad for this building.

I took this picture through the unwashed window of our truck as we were pulling in. Sorry about the spots. What library in the world looks like this?
Although the building consisted mostly of archives and archival technology (not super exciting for a 2 year old), they had the most beautiful original art. I included this picture, because I like to see pictures of the writers of blogs, but they are usually the one taking the picture. So, I thought, "I have to add a couple of pictures of me."

Lucky you. You get to see me and a few of my new chins. They appeared when I turned 33. So sad.

The first tour group consisted of sweet Senior Missionaries...and us. Sarah was a pretty good representative of two-year-olds thanks to the suckers that I brought. It was a three sucker tour.

We walked through beautiful Temple Square on the way to Trax. There are no bad views in this amazing area. It is an architectural paradise.
We stopped in the Relief Society Building and enjoyed the beauty and spirit of the Primary Resource Room. A Sister Bangerter was helping us. Mormons specialize in sweet and beautiful people. She was as sweet and beautiful a person as I have ever met. The spirit does that. I wish that I would have taken a picture so that you could see a little bit of her sweet beauty.

My favorite artwork in the world. Look at all of the children. Heavenly Father loves the children. So do I.
I love this thick, luxurious CTR rug. In my Celestial Mansion (if I make it so far) I think that I might have a rug like this.
Sarah cannot resist the pools and fountains on Temple Square. Hence, it took us an hour to walk a block.
The Church is so darned true.

Comments

Jensens said…
I really wanted to go to this, but didn't think my kids would be able to handle it. Thanks for the glimpse.
Ben and Shara said…
You are a brave and fun mom to take sarah so many places.