"Bagleys Get Along"

The best Saturday is a Saturday with family. This Saturday's excuse was the ancient Bagley-Kelly reunion held at Uncle Terry's tractor farm...not really a farm, and he was not growing tractors. He just had a lot of them, and he graciously let us test our mettle with them. I thought that it was a step up from the usual family reunion potato sack races.
We have been attending the Bagley-Kelly reunion for as long as I can remember.
It was so great getting to see my extended family, eat with them, and talk and talk with them. I love good conversation with good people.

If you read my blog, you will know that I love Rexburg (where the reunion was held). Well, I love my family even more. I never had a friend that I loved more than I loved my cousins. No one was as fun to hang out with than my extended family.

When I went to BYU I had sixteen first cousins attending at the same time. We would have cousin reunions every semester. I was raised with the notion that one would do anything for family. One day, while in the HFAC building, I met a cousin I did not know about. I was so excited to have another relative. I would have given a kidney to that long lost cousin.



After the tractor races, we converged at Dad's flight museum for food and airplane rides. Again, I thought that this was a step up from the old egg toss (which I also love).
The tractor races. (I should have had them earlier in the post).


Aunt Elaine and Julie Paul.
Dean Bagley is the oldest living First Cousin...85. Aunt Liza Wilson is the youngest first cousin..55 (this information came from Aunt Christie's blog). I hope to look like her at 55, or 35 for that matter.


Dean was asked to say a few words at the lunch. He said something about our family that I did not realize was special. He quoted his parents who said, "Bagley's get along". Of course we do. We LOVE being together, and it is rare that there is contention. I saw this in my own siblings. We just get along. What a great thing.
I am grateful for a great legacy and for the 'getting along' gene.



Comments

Shannon said…
You were honestly one of those people at BYU I was jealous of for having so many cousins! 16?! That sounds like so much fun. I have no LDS cousins!

Rexburg is a lot of fun... I love that picture of the tractor. And I also love Sarah's dress. Looks like a great trip.
Ben and Shara said…
You are right. Bagley's get along. How is that? Why is that? Your daughter is amazing. I can't stop looking at her. We were sad to miss the Bagley reunion.
Becky said…
The Bagley Family is extra great with you in it, Candice!! Though I'm not blood, I still like to consider myself a relative :)
Love that "Bagleys get along" quote! I'm gonna remind that to my kids. We need to plan our trips around a Bagley/Kelly reunion sometime as it looks great.