Good tourists, and Drew's Birthday tomorrow

Sometimes when you live in a place, you fail to be a good tourist.
For example, I grew up in Idaho, yet college students from Florida, and Sunbirds from Pennsylvania knew my state better than I did.
So, while in Utah, I have decided to be a good tourist;
to visit the world class gorgeousness of this amazing state that nobody originally wanted, save the Saints, yet houses some of the best of Heavenly Father's artwork.

We have been going on weekly hikes in our backyard mountains (at least kind of backyard-this is the Doughnut Falls hike up Big Cottonwood Canyon. Perfect for a toddler-shallow streams for wading, and no cliffs to run off of.)
Also, IT IS DREW's BIRTHDAY TOMORROW (July 16). Send him a birthday email: drew.s.rail@gmail.com. It would make him so happy.
He is such a good man. He deserves much birthday email happiness.

Comments

Becky said…
So true! My in-laws kept asking us what they should see while they were in Alaska and I was like, "Dude, I dunno. I just live here."

Happy Birthday to your hubby (tomorrow)!!
Jensens said…
That is so fun! I always think to myself that I should take the kids hiking, but am too chicken to do it myself.

Happy B-day to Drew tomorrow (it's Grace's b-day, too!)
Janet said…
Hiking is one of my favorite things to do. It's amazing how many of the people on the trails are out of towners. (Except when I hike in the summer, only Arizonans are crazy enough to hike in this heat!). Looks like a beautiful place. I love that you are teaching Sarah to appreciate nature as a gift from HF. Awesome. Oh and Happy Birthday to the husband.
Shannon said…
Funny story: not only is Donut Falls perfect for toddlers, but for growing and large pregnant women!! When Mitch and I went the other week we were the only people without kids there. What can I say? I tire easily these days.

We should go hiking together!