We just got back

Sarah and I just returned from Idaho last night. We stayed a little longer than expected, because our family needed a little support...and had a wonderful time.

Every child's dream is to be buried in the sand. At least mine was when I was younger. We did not live by the ocean, and to be buried alive sounded grand.

This is us at Rigby Lake. Uncle Shawn and Aunt Chantal found a big sand dune and commenced in digging and burying us each one by one. Children from other families surrounded us and begged to be buried too. Uncle Shawn was so nice and acquiesced.
I could not resist.
My camera was not taking clear pictures and I accidentally made it do this. Oh, well, if I were to take sixteen pictures, Mom with her home is not a bad subject.
Sarah on Sunday.
Rigby Lake had done some major improvements. The sand on the beach was perfect. Sadly, most of it is now in Gran's bathtub.

We left for the lake so quickly, that we forgot a swim diaper for Cairo Brunson. By the end of the night, the waterline had gone down 3 inches, his diaper hefting the weight of the lake. We should have been on a Huggies commercial. We proved their tremendous liquid capacity. We are such awesome babysitters.

Comments

Unknown said…
I was at Rigby lake on monday! I wish I'd known you were going to be there--I would have left a message for you in a bottle and tucked it in the sand...
Dan said…
diapers full of water are a really funny thing!
Christy Dyer said…
what a fun remembrance of family together
Jensens said…
We saw a bunch of people there the day we went to Island Park. It looked like so much fun!
Janet said…
How funny, I've always wanted to be buried in the sand too! It's never happenned to me either. Glad a dream could be fulfilled. And that diaper pic- hilarious. Looks like fun time with the fam.