Sunday Dinner, F.H.E. Go Carts, and Home Teaching

This is an after church scene at the Rail household. Sarah is taking her after church sippy cup, holding onto her comfort object...the bellybutton. She does not like to be underfoot. She would rather be up were the action is, so we set her on the counter. Don't worry, when I left, I placed a ginormous Love Sac under her just in case.

Andrew of course is cooking dinner. It is his passion. The meal was Hungarian a la his mission, and we invited his parents to visit and eat many peppers. Hungarians love peppers.
Family Home Evening-Andrew spotted an indoor go-cart track by our home, and we went to check it out. Being wonderful Andrew, he wanted me to have the experience so that I could be happy. We could only go one at a time due to Sarah, and it was a little pricey for two. So I rode.

Notice the rad hairnets they make us wear. They kind of take away from the testosterone charged ambiance; but since I do not require testosterone, I was okay with my helmet protecting hairnet.
F.H.E. rocks.
Oh yeah, just to make sure that we might reserve a little mansion in Heaven, Andrew is out doing his home teaching. Yes, it is the last day of the month, but HE IS DOING IT:)!


P.S. I did some visiting teaching today as well, but Andrew taught me a great lesson about visits and missionary work. He stopped by the address of a new teachee only to find that the teachee did not live there. Andrew did not merely say, thank you and leave. He talked to the new residents of the home and found a part member family with four children, got their information and invited them to our next Barbecue. I had also knocked on a door that was the wrong address in my visiting teaching, but I did not think at that moment, to inquire about their lives and families. I could have helped so many people, if I would have just asked.

Comments

The Bears said…
I could use that lesson as well. I knocked on a door and found the lady I had been assigned to had moved. I did not enquire as to the situation of the new family either. In fact, I was a little relieved my teaching list had gotten smaller.
Christy Dyer said…
Your husband is truly a keeper. We learn much from him.
Christy Dyer said…
Candice, I love your blog and the personal things that you say. You guys are great. Love ya, Uncle Dan