Superhero

Andrew was a superhero today. He postponed going to work and accompanied Sarah and I to a dreaded doctor's appointment. It was good just to have him there.

Then he took us to the zoo. This was the elephant that scared Sarah silly. She has never been afraid of anything before this elephant. I wondered if two years old was the age that we begin to fear.
And this was the awesome elephant Sarah could not get enough of, yet we kept her marching forward to see the 'baby jaguar'. She has a book with a baby jaguar.
Super Drew.
Sarah looked like an angel in this picture, and since she is an angel, I decided to include it.
Even though I dreaded the appointment, I am grateful to have found my doctor. You see, I have been to more than my share of gynecologists who have worked on helping us have more children. For some reason, it never occurred to me that the good doctors that I had been seeing did not necessarily have expertise in fertility. They might be professional at menopause, or endocrinology but I did not need a menopausal expert, or someone to just prescribe diabetes medicine to me-again.

I guess I thought that all doctors knew everything about everything.

Finally, I figured out that I needed to find a Reproductive Endocrinologist (thank you Lil Bear for introducing me to the term), and I found one, hooray.

I have hope that I have found someone who will help, and quickly. I have been in a hurry to have children for about 8 years now.

Comments

Jensens said…
Out of curiousity, who is your new Dr.? I went through all that stuff, too. Good luck to you!
The Bears said…
Good luck! I know that whether we have babies is not entirely up to us, but it is still good to make our intentions clear and do all we can do. I will be praying for you.
Anonymous said…
It's amazing the difference a good doctor can make. Best of luck!

Wendy
Unknown said…
Sarah really does look like an angel in that photo.

By the way, Candice...have you read my blog lately? You should. I've been eagerly waiting your reply....
Christy Dyer said…
Sarah is truly an angel! Good luck with the new Doctor. two of my dear friends have had great success (with the right kind of doctor!)