A Visionary Place-under construction



BYU is a visionary place that is always under construction. I just spent a week out of the world, in this place where I could see clearly what God meant for my family to be, the wonder of the Atonement, and how to be a better wife. I am so blessed to have spent so many years on that awesome campus. It was so great to return. It gets better every time I come back.

I forgot how easy it was to SEE when I was there, and I was grateful to return and SEE again.

BYU rocks. Above is the new Joseph F. Smith Building. When I was a student, the big holes in campus consisted of the then new Benson Building (where I officially met my now husband), then the remodeling of the Eyring Science Center (sans gorgeous round table), and finally the expansion of the famous Wilk....Wilkenson Center. I was there when they had an awesome fireplace room/step down lounge that is no longer there. The Cougar Eat is also no longer orange and brown...not a loss. The Wilk is beautiful.

After a hiatus, I graduated to the new, breathtaking underground library with skylights and wonder.

That is old news. Now, they have the stunning Hinckley Alumni Building, the new Smith Building (the old one had us much appeal as the current 'MARB') the New Practice facility, brand new Helaman Halls dorms and Cannon Center, and the remodeled Richards Building.

The current hole, is what I believe to be a new BYUTV broadcasting building. I could be wrong. Nevertheless, there is a hole, and it will soon be wonderful.

I guess I am saying that BYU just keeps getting better. Kind of like my life should be doing. That is what I learned at Education Week.

I hope that I am always under construction.

Comments

Unknown said…
Where did you meet your previous husband(s)?