Catch up

I am so sorry for not posting for a while. It is not merely that I am trying to 'milk' the baby announcement post, the fact is that I am sick; the worst stomach flu, 24 hours a day, sick. Oh, and tired. I sleep 9-10 hours a night, and still wake up groggy.

But, I love it. I am so happy to be pregnant.

So, let us catch up on life that we missed, because I was too sick to mention it:

1. Planting Trees:
Andrew was put in charge of the group gift for a business mentor in a program called Junto. Normal people might present a picture, or a book. But not Andrew. He thinks outside the box. Way outside the box in a wonderful way.

He gave them a grove. Of course it came with a plaque.

It was an amazing idea.

They loved it. For Christmas, I want a grove. What a beautiful gift. Something to last at least 100 years. Then I could make something out of it, like President Hinckley's Cherry Tree Pulpit in the Conference Center.

2. The Science Fair:
Did anyone else hear about this? It is the last Saturday of every month at Weber State University. Free planetarium shows, Free science presentations (we loved carnivorous plants, the physics of sound, and the slime), and tons of fun hands-on activities; even for a two year old. Oh, yes, all FREE. If it is free (especially free science) we are there.

3. I have the best cousins.

Andrew invited Kerianne and Shane Dyer to our house for Sunday dinner. Could there be a happier thing to do? I was amazed at how thoroughly enjoyable they are to be with and talk to. They almost never talked about themselves, unless we forced them. For two such accomplished people, they were humble, and sincerely interested in us.
Sorry, Keri, for including this picture. Sarah took it. I was fascinated because you could see how tired my eyes were. They were bright red. That is how they often look, lately.
Again, sorry about the pic, but I just want to thank Kerianne for all she taught us that night. We thought that we might be a help to her worries about dating and marriage, but we were wrong. She came and taught me about my family, and mental illness. Thank you. I am different now because you came.
4. Free Bowling Passes:

We decided to go bowling, because that is what Curious George did that day. Luckily for us, the bowling lanes were full with tournaments, which might be sad, but they gave us 3 free bowling passes for another day.

We had just as much fun pretending to play video games in the lobby.

Comments

Dan said…
Yes, I have excellent siblings. I like to brag about them too.
Christy Dyer said…
Thank you so much for taking them in and cheering them. They said they had such a good time. They love you!
Miss K$ said…
Those pictures actually turned out really well...THANKS FOR THE WONDERFUL NIGHT AND FOOD!
jennaloha said…
I wish I was pregnant so I could get 32 comments on one post. Breaking the 20 barrier is one of my biggest dreams.
Shannon said…
I love Andrew's idea about the trees! My aunt bought us trees in the Katrina re-growth area a couple years ago. We need to make this more of a fad!

A couple things:
-I loved hearing about the free science fair. Is it bad that I want to go before we have kids? Maybe I can just bring Mitch. How fun.
-You are so hilariously funny and made Saturday's night's dinner a blast. I still can't get over the bleach story and the airplane bathroom!
-Lastly, I loved your testimony on Sunday. Loved it. I'm so glad to be in your ward--again.
Jensens said…
Sorry you are so sick, I couldn't tell on Sunday :) The science fair sounds really cool! We might have to check that out sometime!
Shane D. said…
I made it!...(on your blog)

Thanks for dinner!
The Bears said…
So sorry you're sick, but you can take comfort in the fact that you know the hormones are doing their thing. I think you are having a boy... but just so you know, my track record hasn't been great with these things. Well, I have to be right eventually.