The haircut

Women sometimes lose their strength in growing out hair: and, in a moment of weakness, eliminate the hair that they have been trying to grow for months, or years.

Sometimes it is liberating. Sometimes it is sad.

Andrew was a little sad today, when he caught me in my moment of weakness. He had always loved long hair on little girls. So had I.

But, the trials of crusty hair, knots, and coming to terms with the fact that Sarah has fine, Norwegian straight hair were too much.

So, I sat her on our non-existent bathroom counter...
Gave her a sippy cup.
and cut. I think I like it, but her Dad is so sad, that I feel awful.
It will grow again. Yes, it will take a year of patience, but it will grow.

Comments

B and C said…
Oh she is beautiful both ways and hey it grows again!!!
Jon + Kat said…
I think it's cute! Jon won't let me cut sevy's hair, but I'm going to one of these days when he's at school!

Sevy's pre-k is run by a lady in another ward. I think the bulk of the kids are from the ward too. so that's why it's primarily mormon.
The Bears said…
Being an active kid and having fine hair aren't always compatible. It's better you cut it, than have her get so sick of brushing tangles out, that she cuts it herself like I did.

Sarah is so cute, she looks great both ways! You did a good job. I'm not sure mine would be so even.
jennaloha said…
I've always been a fan of short hair. I wish I could cut short hair as well as you just did. It would save me thousands of dollars.
Jensens said…
Great job Candice! I would never dare cut anyone's hair, not even a buzz cut! And she looks very cute!
Andrew said…
I am just fine with her cutting her hair, just not bobbing it.

I am still uber blessed to have them both.
At least it was you cutting her hair, not Sarah deciding to cut her own hair! : )
Anonymous said…
I've been growing my hair out for a year, and I'm definitely approaching the point of weakness. I prefer short hair on me (so why I'm growing it out I don't even KNOW), and I love short hair on little girls.

It looks great!

Wendy