International Night

I will not lie. I love my ward. Because of Utah's open arms to people from all over the world, we have a ward with people from all over the world. We really saw this on International Night.
Okay, Brother Flemming is not a refugee, but he is proud enough of Scotland to wear a kilt. I think kilts are pretty good-looking myself. This man is one of the more Christ-like people in the world, and I hope that he puts in a good word for me at Judgement Day.

If Brother Flemming does not put in a good word for me, I hope this boy, Matt, from Brazil, does. He glows.

My sweet visiting teacher (on the right). She brought amazing food and goods from Peru. When she first started coming to my home, she worried about teaching because of her English. On her last visit, she taught the whole lesson. I love her.


Some of our newest Young Women, whose families came from refugee camps, I believe, in the Congo. Okay, the girl on the far right is not from the Congo, but cutely completed the foursome.
Sister Tupua, from Tonga. Her husband is our 1st Counselor from Tahiti. These good people have taught me what service really is.
While we were at International Night, Mom and Dad were at our house. It was a stopover to their Thanksgiving in Houston.

My Dad, who has never stopped moving in his life, hung an entire kitchen and living room of blinds for us...
all by himself. He always seems to get more done in one hour, than most people do in two days.
Thank you, Dad.

Comments

The Bears said…
It's been one of my favorite wards. I miss it.