A Great Seat and a Mysterious Spider

Friday night was interesting. I actually got to go to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Christmas Concert. It was fantastic! Natalie Cole did a beautiful number with The Holly and The Ivy (much better than the current version she has on the radio), the organist Richard Elliott about stole the show as he wowed us and made us laugh doing selections from The Nutcracker. David McCullough changed my heart about the song "I'll Be Home for Christmas." The dancing was angelic. It was just fantastic.

An old missionary friend of mine, Jarvis Campbell, was able to find us tickets to the sold out show a mere six hours before it started! It was a Christmas miracle. Here is the only picture I took that night. It was taken from my seat, and I had killer seats.


I would have taken more pictures with my cell phone, even though they said it was not allowed (after I took my first one). But since President Monson was there, I did not want lightning to strike and interrupt the Choir, so my phone remained off.

Interesting, Part II, The Mysterious Spider
Being the only man in the house, my job is to do away with the spiders in the house. Sometimes Candice still does it. But I try to beat her to it.

After getting home from the concert, I laid down on the LuvSac in the living room to sleep (I am not in trouble, I just sleep there so Candice can rest from my snoring).

A little after midnight, Candice rushes downstairs to tell me she just saw a huge spider pass over her head and that I need to kill said spider before it gets to Sarah. I run around looking for a shoe, while Candice is frantically asking me to hurry since the spider is so large. (Actually, I was pretty groggy, so I was half walking, half stumbling, so I can see why she was concerned).

Then she says:

"I am not sure if I was dreaming or not, but it was big."

I look up at her hands (indicating how large the spider was), and immediately I know it was a dream.

"Sweetheart, I am not sure if spiders the size of Burger King Whoppers are native to Utah."
We looked a little bit for it, then went back to bed. Stories like that are to be told year after year at family reunions. Thank you, my sweet Candice. I love you.

Comments

Dan said…
the concert looks like it was awesome.
you have a luvsac?! so cool.
The Bears said…
Dream spiders have tricked me before too, but the worst is one day I thought I was dreaming about a spider crawling across my face, so I ignored it and eventually realized this spider was real. I'm usually not a screamer, but I think I even woke up the neighbors three doors down.
How wonderful that you got to go to the concert. Last year Steve, Tyson and I were able to go to the "Spoken Word" on Sunday when they did the mini portion of their Christmas concert. It was absolutely wonderful. I was hoping to go again this year but we didn't make it. We wish you a Merry Christmas.
Brandi said…
FYI there are tarantulas native to Utah. People used to bring them into the Bean Museum all the time. I'm not sure they get as big as a whopper, but I have seen one here the size of a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger. Aaaggghhh!
Christy Dyer said…
I love the devotion that you guys show to each other. It's inspiring.