Scary Santa

I think every family has the "Santa, touch me not" picture. Sarah silenced a thousand people in the crowded Midvale town center when she let out this scream.
If I would have known, I would not have stood in line to see Father Christmas with her. She still does not know Santa protocol, where one's Christmas bounty depends on lap time with this scary man. Personally, I thought that they were beautiful.

The Swiss days girls were lovely, though, and they were angels to Sarah. Sarah loved these princesses.
We are Midvale, UT fans. In the Swiss designed Stake Center, they held an International Creche Exhibit. It was amazing, and carried a wonderful spirit.
Next door, we visited the gingerbread houses.
Returning to the 'Scary Santa' theme, Andrew played Santa that night for one of the wards in our Stake. Sarah watched Drew get dressed, and played with him during the process. Once the hat was donned, though, she would have nothing to do with him. "Scary Santa" she called him. Even when I called him "Santa Daddy" she would not come close to him. What is it about Santa that scares some children?
Merry Christmas from Midvale, and from Andrew a.k.a 'Scary Santa'.

Comments

Shannon said…
So funny... and Sarah is still cute when scared :)
Jensens said…
Olivia told me that I could stand in line to see Santa and let him know what she wanted, and she would wait outside of the Santa area. I'm not sure she'll ever be a Santa fan.
I think all kids are afraid of Santa at one time or another. Are you feeling better now. It's good to see you out and about. I love the Heber Valley too but I've only been there in the summer. Have you ever ridden the train?
The most wonderful time of the year, me thinks, does not apply to the small children such as our who manage the death grip when in the midst of "scary santa".

Those swiss girls are so cute and modest too - I love it!

Our creche exhibit is this weekend - I'm so excited. It's one of my favorite things to do during this season. I think you would love to come sing with our "Interfaith Choir" - they sing before/after the exhibit. It's quite the production! One year, you guys can come visit us during the holidays - we'd love to have you here!
Mike & Traci said…
I love how smiley you still are in the pic w/ santa!! but I think this will be a much funner memory to have then if Sarah Loved Santa & didn't think that dad was "Scary Santa". Super Cute!
The Bears said…
That Santa and Mrs. Claus were beautiful. Funny that Sarah even saw Drew put on the costume and was still scared. I really do wonder what it is. My nephew was scared of me in my wedding dress. Maybe it's just bigger than normal clothing?
Jill Bagley said…
that cracks me up. why do they not hire santas with real beards? all the santas in oregon have real beards. i kid you not!! i have not seen a fake beard since living here. but wait----ok, i didnt realize this, but i guess its because there are so many hippes here. being a dirty old man with a beard is just commonplace :)
ha ha just kidding. but no, seriously, maybe a real beard would help.
my kids are way into santa, and i think if he had a real fake beard the gig would be up. i have never had to have the talk that my parents did about how that is "santas helper" because santa really lives in the north pole.
i dont know. hopefully you wont have to tell her when she is four that there is no santa because of those stupid fake beards.