Back to Christmas 2009

I seem to procrastinate writing about the best parts of my life. This Christmas season 2009 was one of the best parts.
I just felt super blessed. And protected. And loved. The above picture is Christmas morning. My family has a tradition of sitting on the stairs and taking pictures before we see our treasures. I think that it started in my Dad's family. Our stairs look a little bare compared to theirs:
Can anyone unlock the secret of men and breakfast? Dad cooks it at all of our family functions. This is Christmas morning. Never believe the date my camera gives. It is a liar.

Cousin Laurel received a camera for Christmas. She set a record for pictures taken. This was part of her Christmas Day photo shoot. Despite several downloads, she had no memory left on her Christmas camera, so I let her use mine. Hence, I have this shot.

On Christmas Eve, Grandad Bagley helped Andrew make a train for Sarah. They literally made it from scratch. The wheels were cut from a broken shovel handle.

That night, our favorite holiday night, we gathered at Brandi's house. The Nativity attempt of 2009 was not our best. Baby Jesus got kidnapped by one of the shepherds and was never returned.

The shepherd turned convict.
We held our traditional family talent show.
We sang one of Andrew's creations. We do not have any hymns about Gethsemane, so Andrew extended "Silent Night" to include another eternally sacred night.
Christmas Eve dinner was perfect. The perfect Lofgrans made homemade bread and soup, and it epitomized the word comfort in the term 'comfort food'.

Merry belated Christmas 2009!

Comments

Christy Dyer said…
Loved seeing you and extended family! Loved seeing the family traditions being passed on. And just as a side note, did you know that Sharalee is due the same month as you! I know, no one knew she was expecting!
Anonymous said…
I am way behind in my blog reading. Congratulations on the boy! They are so fun. It looks like your Christmas was the very best kind. We also have the stair-picture tradition and the talent show tradition in our families.

Thanks for sharing. You look fabulous!
I'm glad you carry on the tradition of The Christmas Eve dinner, talent show, and Nativity. Since we've moved to St. George, we have carried on the tradition here. Usually it is at my house but this year it was at Uncle John and Aunt Leana's. I miss not having it with your family too. Congratulations on the baby being a boy. Now you and Amber will both have one of each.