I Hope You Vote This November

I hope you vote this November.

I hope you remember who told every American that had a conservative Representative or Senator representing them that neither their voice nor their vote mattered. I hope you remember they locked you out of backroom deals while they wrote this bill without you.

(Disclosure 1: I am not registered to either party. While I am a moderate Conservative, I vote based on individual, and I have voted for individuals on both sides)

I hope you remember who promised to have these discussions on CSPAN during the presidential campaign, then locked you out behind said backrooms when the time came to negotiate the bill.

I hope you remember who strengthened the power of the IRS when you vote this November. I hope you understand why that was in the health care bill, because I sure do not.

I hope you remember that Massachusetts voted in a Senator to slow down the health care bill, but Washington found lesser known rules to pass the bill they wanted anyway.

(Disclosure 2: I believe the health insurance system is broke and needs to be fixed...I have an immediate family member that insurance companies will not cover)

I hope you remember that those scooters that you see advertised on TV for those in their golden years cost well under $1000 to make. But Medicare pays well over $3000 in claims for them.

I hope you remember who expanded the power of Medicare.

I hope you remember that while job loss remained the highest in my life time and gas prices reached up over $3.00 a gallon, our leaders felt a controversial, bullied health care bill was more important to take care of.

I hope you remember that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are the government run home loan agencies. I hope you remember they went broke.

I hope you remember that the Social Security program (the government run version of retirement plans) is heading in that same direction.

I hope you remember who trusted the same institution that failed in those endeavors to further increase its power to handle the financing of our health care.

I hope you remember who was paid millions for their health care votes with your tax dollars.

I hope you remember who boosted college and university subsidies in the health care bill and told private lenders the government would be taking care of lending from now on. I hope you understand why that was in the health care bill, because I sure do not.

I hope you remember who is helping to make higher education costs more expensive (when the government increases subsidies to college students, colleges have increased their prices...do you blame the colleges? It is free money).

I hope you remember that labor unions were the key to the failure of the U.S. automobile industry. I hope you remember who is placing labor union representatives in powerful positions in national labor policy making bodies.

I hope you remember the words "Another bank was taken over by the government, this time in...." when you vote this November.

I hope you vote this November.

And if you vote differently than mine, I still hope you vote this November.

And I hope you remember that Candice will be posting a regular nice post shortly with updates on our lives and fun pictures.

Comments

ditto! even tho' i'm not a "ditto head" i agree w/everything you've said. medicare, fannie mae, freddie mac, etc - what system hasn't the gov't put into bankruptcy? i still don't understand how this has all gotten so inflated and out of control - nobody in their right mind would invest in a company that fails to turn a profit over and over again - the american people have a false sense of security with this health bill i will be voting in november and all the elections inbetween (there's always something going on in our state) where's regean when we need him?

can't wait to hear from Candice - i've missed you guys
Shane D. said…
Every time I think on these things I feel solemn and heavy. I worry for myself, but even more for my son.