Not Musical Talent, but Musical Enthusiasm

I stole this video from my ridiculously talented cousin's website, so most of my family has already seen it. But, I love the music, and it is brilliant.

I admit, that as cool as I tried to be in high school, I was in band. And I loved it. I just loved being a part of something bigger than myself. Oh, I forgot to mention, I was not merely in band, I was in Marching Band (am I confessing too much?). Since I am confessing, I was not merely in Marching Band, I was the Drum Major. Go Candice.

Right now, I am a "Drum Major" in my ward (a.k.a. ward choir director), and I have to give a shout out to our awesome ward, and their dedication. They presented a glorious Easter Program, full of the spirit. He lives.

We are not an unusually musically talented ward. Far from it (I am what they had for a choir director). However, they are faithful/angel worthy, and when angels sing with a choir, they sound and feel amazing.

I will never claim musical talent. I will claim musical enthusiasm.

OK Go - This Too Shall Pass from OK Go on Vimeo.

As a P.S., Andrew, Sarah, and I went to Summerhays Music to buy a tuner for my harp last night. It was there that Andrew decided to enter a contest to win an instrument. So, next Friday night, if you have nothing special to do, you can drop by Summerhays in Murray, and cheer on Andrew as he attempts to hold on to a $3,000 instrument longer than anyone else (last year 160 people entered and they bribed the last two contestants after 30 hours to call it quits).

I hope to sell it if he wins. I do not know if we are in need of a $3,000 oboe right now.

Comments

Ben and Shara said…
so funny, I feel the same way with fighting with Ben. Anything he can do I can do but better.
he he
Christy Dyer said…
Candice, you are so hilarious. I'm so glad you are blogging again!
Jon + Kat said…
I just love OK Go's video's! They are genius! Good luck on Friday! Who DOESN'T need a $3000 oboe is the true question!
The Bears said…
Candice... I'm one of those people who missed you and didn't say it, so I'm sure your estimation id correct. I don't understand why you can't show pregnant people on tv??? I thought that bridge was conquered by Lucille Ball some time ago. I'm glad you made it as far as you did. Oh and my cousin made River's baseball onesie by drawing on a white onesie with sharpie marker and the pants were in a hand me down pile and happened to match. It was so cute, but unfortunately the marker is running from all the baby drool/spit-up... so I don't know if it's going to make it.