The Weekend Post

Weekends are precious to us. When I was young, Saturdays were for work, and then serious play. Now, I cherish time with Drew so much, that I most times skip the work and opt for serious play. I can work during the week. I had the same attitude with schoolwork. It had to be done before Saturday, because Saturday was play day.
Saturday morning, we ran to the gym, and then to SCOUT-O-RAMA! I think that we were the only people there sans real scouters. However, I have been infatuated with scouting since I was little, and had harbored desires of being a Den Mother someday. I LOVE SCOUTING.

I have decided that our new family motto will include words such as Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent. I am serious.

My boy had better love scouting, because I am a fanatic.

Andrew found friends from his mission, and people dressed like Indians. I love it.
We also went to a Princess Boutique (hence Sarah jumping in a castle below) and then went to the temple as a family that night. Good Saturday.
We also wanted to document Sarah helping me get the baby gear all ready. She helped me super clean her old baby seat. We just wanted to let her little brother know how she helped.
I feel slightly sorry for this boy, as he will have more than his share girlish looking things. Not too bad, but our non-gender specific crib bumper, a few blankets, and maybe some clothes might err on the female side. We are counting on him being so manly as to make pink the new blue.
We try to do activities to make a great Sunday, and we went to Temple Square-again. We really love it. So does Sarah.

The Assembly Hall. This was where we attended Stake Conference in our last ward. I was pregnant with Sarah when I played my flute on this stage. I love this building.

This is out of order, but the new flagship store at Deseret Book is pretty impressive. The Tabernacle Choir display is awesome.

Baby update: we are 37 weeks along...full term. I am one of the only Moms I know that really want him to stay inside me as long as possible. I feel really good. At our doctor's appointment Friday, I was told that he was a little low, and two weeks ago I was dilated to a 1. We shall see.

Comments

Jon + Kat said…
I don't mind carrying full term either. If the pregnancy is good, why not?! I so wish we lived closer to a temple. Your weekends always look fun! Love ya!
The Bears said…
Stay inside as long as possible baby!!! I'll shout it from the rooftops!

You look amazing and even if you had all blue stuff, there will always be someone who is going to call your boy a girl anyway. People can be unobservant. At least this way, you'll assume they made the mistake, because of the clothing and not the baby.
Christy Dyer said…
You do look great Candice! We are excited for you to have a son and we hope he is a valiant scouter!
Janet said…
What a great weekend! I too have a love for scouting, but I haven't always. I went to Philmont when I was in high school and became a Mountain Woman. It was one of the most trying/ wonderful weeks of my life. I have a boyscout badge and everything. I never met any people in Indian outfits though... I'm jealous. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. You don't even look 37 weeks in your pics. LOoks like you and Roddy will have little boys born around the same time. Maybe they are hanging out together right now... who knows.
you'd be a super den mother! ;-) its so sweet how you're really involving Sarah in getting ready for her brother's arrival! Those last few days before Ellie was born I tried to pack my time with Lexi-focused activities, and most were baby-prep things. Keeping you in my thoughts! oh... and the best advice a Dr. gave Lexi about when the baby would FINALLY come was, "on her birthday". so true, so true!
Anonymous said…
Candice--I have been slacking lately on my blog-reading and commenting, but I wanted you to know it's been wonderful catching up. I'm glad your pregnancy is going well and I wish you well in your delivery. You have a very special family and your baby is very blessed to be born into it!
Ben and Shara said…
hey cuz,

so we are thinking of biting the bullet and just buying the Bob duallie. Any chance you still have a coupon? Any chance that you aren't in the hospital? (I'm dilated to a 2 and 70% effaced as of Thursday.)

With the other kids I wanted them to stay in the belly marinating, but I've reached whole new levels of uncomfortableness and I'm ready. Ready for her to just get here. Good luck. Let me know if you happen to still have a coupon.