Today Will You Be Part of History!

You ready to make history? Utah has not voted out an incumbent in 70 years, and on Tuesday, you get to be part of that.

Utah is predominantly conservative, so whoever wins today will probably win in November. Now is your time to have your say.

One of my earliest memories is going with my mother to watch her become a naturalized citizen of the United States (she was born and raised in Scotland). Years later it had a powerful effect on me. Polls close at 8, take your children so they can see you and ask you questions. Let your kids see their parents exercise their right to vote and to make a choice.

To find out where to vote, click here: Polling Place. Do not forget a valid form of ID

Why I Like Mike
I am voting for Mike Lee.

He fought the ACLU to allow Main Street to blossom in Salt Lake.

He fights for land rights during campaign season.

He has worked under Gov. Huntsman and Supreme Court Justice Sam Alito.

He understands the government role in our lives.

Ryan Shupe puts concerts on for him.

His stance on immigration is not popular, but it is the Constitution's stance.

He is not so good at public speaking (his biggest fault), but the man is far smarter than 95% of the human race. Well, maybe not, it just seems like it.

He is genuinely a nice guy. I mean really nice.

Sweet, sweet grandmothers campaigned for him. You know, the kind of grandmothers you only see in fairy tale land? But nicer and sweeter than you would even see there.

When he was young, he watched his father argue before the Supreme Court. Who does that? That is awesome.

He understands the principles of the Constitution as envisioned by those who signed it and he stands by those same principles.

Why I Do Not Like Tim
I have issues with Tim calling Mike a "DC-lawyer" while Tim is a DC lobbyist. I am not against lobbyists*. However here is a man who is trying to tar Lee for being a lawyer while Bridgewater owns a business whose sole purpose is to get tax dollars from the Feds for special interests. The hypocrisy bothers and scares me.

It bothers me that out of one side of his mouth he says he is against big government while the other side he is doing all he can to profit from it. I really am okay with him trying to profit from big government, I really am. We all need to make a living, just come out and say it. Someone like that is not someone I want making bills in Congress. I just wonder where his priorities will lie. His constituents...or the businesses he has been lobbying for.

More Importantly, I Like Mike
I like Mike Lee, this is about voting for who I think will represent my ideals.

No matter who you vote for, get out and vote today.

* I actually have some great friends who are lobbyists and I love them...I even worked with lobbyists for a year, one of my favorite jobs

Comments

David B. Goates said…
Nice, Andrew, couldn't have said it better myself!

Dave