The Other Gold

We used to sing this song: "Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other gold."

I am so impressed with Andrew's ability to keep up with his golden friends. I was never good at this. I would make new friends wherever we went and love them very much. But, then I would allow us to lose touch, as we moved from place to place.

Andrew values his golden friends, and this has been a blessing to us.

Saturday night, he orchestrated an old friend (Ricks College/BYU) get together. Oh, what fun.

We convened at one of his buddy's houses, which happened to be kidtopia. I would love to have a water slide in my backyard.

We played silly games. This one was reminisent of Harry Potter (the multi-flavored jellybean part) where you spin the dial and hope you do not land on a jelly bean that tastes like throw up...or caterpillar...or skunk. Seriously. They really tasted like this.
We gathered in the barn, and played Ooga Booga. Adults and children all joined in. I love being with cool adults who will play kids games and have a blast.
We had a little talent show.
It made me want to learn the banjo.
And had a beautiful time.
A golden friend time.


Thanks, babe for making such good friends...and keeping them.

Comments

Sarah MomE25 said…
I wish I was better at keeping "gold" friends. If my friend had a yard and house like that I would want to definatly keep in touch too(just kidding, kind of). What a great pool! Looks like you had a great time.
Dan said…
Any get together with a waterslide is pretty much going to be awesome.
The Bears said…
I'm good at keeping my gold friends, but not so much at making the new ones. Combine us and we'd practically be perfect.
Christy Dyer said…
Wow! what a fun reunion and what a great place.
jennaloha said…
I would keep a friend with a waterslide at all costs :)
Shannon said…
So fun! I need a waterslide in my back yard. Oh wait, I don't have a back yard. Do you think we could fit one of those on our patio??