Thank you

Steele/Ash/Andrew/Mr. Spitty/Dr. Spittles (he loses his milk a lot-gratefully breast milk does not smell) is 2 months old today. Happy birthday, baby.

I always seem to take a picture while he is in his little gym. It just happens to be near the camera which is next to the computer, my outlet to the world. I look down, and he is so cheerful, that I have to take a picture...or maybe closer to 39 pictures.
I would like to give thanks today for those things which helped us raise this happy two month old:

I would like to thank The Baby Whisperer for helping me understand that babies need oh so much more sleep than I previously thought. Hence, we spend a lot of happy time at home. Life revolves around his naps. But, our life is so much simpler, our gas tank fuller, and alas, our fridge often emptier. It is worth it, though. I would take a happy baby over a full fridge. Our food storage has been a blessing at this time.

I would like to thank Jessica Green for helping me understand that unnaturally high voices make him laugh and giggle like crazy. I always spoke to babies in low voices. This past couple days have been a smile fest.

I would like to thank, Happiest Baby on the Block, for teaching us about the magic of "Shooshing". Not a sweet "shush", but a loud, obnoxious, hurricane like "SHHOOOOSHHH" right next to his ear. It is like a tranquilizer dart.

He also taught us the importance of a mean swaddle, and the magical baby jiggle. We would be lost without them.

Oh, Ash/Steele/Andrew (we seriously call him all of these)...you are such a joy.
The only drawback with having a 2 month old, is that I had to forfeit Girl's Camp this year. It is one of my favorite things. But, at the expense of Steele's sleepy time, we went for a night.
It was skit night. I LOVE skit night. They graciously let me perform in the skit despite my poor acting skills. Thankfully it was all in song, and I am an "all in song" kind of girl. I thought that our girl's skit was the best. Great job, Courtney.
Yesterday, we received a care package from Granny Rail. It had yummy mangoes (the fruit of the gods), a puzzle that Sarah loves, and onesie that says "I love Mommy" which I love. It is almost like he is saying it.
Thank you for thinking of us.

Comments

The Bears said…
I love his cheeknones!!! I would say he's cute, but since he's a man of steele, I'll say he is so handsome!
satomblablabla said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
satomblablabla said…
hehehe… Candice, you know?… I was in church the other week and was sitting in the foyer when your husband came walking by with little steele in his arms and he was "shooshing" him… I IMMEDIATELY thought this, "Heehee, he's watched Happiest Baby on the Block!" Good Daddy! He was doing a great job too! I love that video too!