A Wedding, a Funeral, and the Little Creatures

On Saturday we had a wedding.

This was a special wedding. It was one of those salvation weddings. The bride and groom needed to take this step in order to get baptized, and they finally did it. Dennis and Jofauna have been together for several years and have three children. We were so happy, they were so happy, and we felt Heavenly Father was truly happy.

Andrew is their Home Teacher, and he knew that the Bride's nickname is 'Pumpkin'. So when we decided to get her a cake, Andrew thought it would be great to have a cake shaped like...
well, a pumpkin.

Thank you Sarah Carroll for masterfully making a MAGICAL, WHIMSICAL, CINDERELLA-ISH, WEDDING Pumpkin. I cannot believe how great it turned out.

And it was crazy delicious to boot. The most delicious wedding cake I have ever tasted. Sister Carroll made the cupcakes too.

Harmony Park Ward members....memorize these people. They are wonderful, and we want them to be welcome welcome into our ward family.

One last cake shot. Our belly's were happy.
.............................................
That same day, we also had a funeral.

My Great-Aunt Bernetta passed away at the age of 95, and I had the opportunity to attend her funeral with my Walker Mom (a.k.a. RaNae at family gatherings).

When I told some not-yet-member friends what I was doing, they gave their condolences. I accidentally expressed how much I love funerals, and my excitement for attending this one. I hope that it did not make me sound too awful.

But, I do love funerals...this kind of funeral. She was 95 years old. She was living a good life which had spanned nearly a century. She left an impressive and good-looking posterity (I loved meeting them...proud to call them blood). Her husband had gone before her. She was worthy, and the spirit there confirmed it.

There was an awesome spirit there. I love family. I love the spirit. I love funerals: this kind of funeral. Thank you, Aunt Bernetta, for your life.

..............................................
To round out the day, we had the Primary Activity featuring Creature Encounters. This was one of those times when I would only hold a scorpion if I knew that a picture would be taken.
Add Image
Sarah's favorite was the tortoise. Mine too.

I was grateful to Heavenly Father for a funeral, a wedding, and His creations. Kudos to our awesome Primary. They do such a great job. It was a wonderful Saturday.


It took me 'til Monday to recover.

Comments

Sarah MomE25 said…
Thank you for posting this. I am so glad that everything went so well.
Christy Dyer said…
You guys really pack in the action! Wish we could be there for Steele's blessing. Say Hi to everyone.
Deborah said…
Creature encounter? That is like the coolest primary activity! Sounds like an awesome day.