Not Hobbits

On Friday, Steelman's stats came in. I always joked that we might have hobbit children (ala Sam and Frodo), since Andrew and I are the opposite of tall and lanky.

But, Steele and Sarah have proved me wrong. At 2.7 months:

Weight: 11.3 lbs, 14% (14th percentile of everyone his age)
Length: 25.0 in., 90% (90th percentile of everyone his age)
In other words, he is a tall, lanky guy. He looks like a little man, I am told.

I took these pictures moments ago. I wish that he was smiling. He is such a happy, talkative, babyman. But, just before a nap, with a camera in his face...these circumstances were just not conducive to smiley time. When he has just woken up and fed, now that is baby bliss.
Other little facts about him, he is a master nurser, but cannot drink from a bottle. If I am ever gone, or when we are on a road trip, we have resorted to feeding him from a medicine dropper. I have even tried pouring milk into his mouth (a little at a time...I was told that they lap it like a kitten...a frustrated kitten:).

He sleeps 9 hours at night and takes about 5 naps a day, with 20 minutes of happy play time in between each (after feeding, and before he needs to be settled down sleep again).

Sarah is also in the 90th percentile for height, and 60th for weight. Unless she and Steele stop growing at the age of 4 years, we might not have the hobbits we thought we would. Sweet. As a former High school volleyball player, the thought of tall children thrills me. I want a middle blocker.

No Hobbits here.

Comments

Merissa said…
He really does look like a little man and a good looking one to boot! Sounds like he has some great sleeping habits too--lucky mom!
The Bears said…
He is A DOR A BLE! Skinny, but stunning. River grew so fast in the beginning... at three months he was 15 lbs, but he has slowed down quite a bit. Thank goodness. I thought I had a Shaquille O'Neil on my hands and me being a bad cook... not a good combo.
Ben and Shara said…
my goodness, he is a tall little man!