A Lady killer with Manners

I wish that I loved to cook. For me, cooking is not a joy, as much as a means to an end.
My end is to hopefully make my family civilized. Civilized people sit down at the table to eat; they have manners. Studies show that families who sit down together for meals are stronger. It is a way to teach children how to function in society.

Our family cannot do these things unless meals are cooked, and we are sitting at the table to eat them.

If it were wholly up to me, I guess we would be eating a lot of raw vegetables on the run; but because awesome people keep mentioning it in General Conference...and my parents taught me well, I have to do things like borrow Andrew's subscription to Martha Stewart Everyday Food (he wrote out my menu for the week).
The reason why I mention this, is because Steele finally got a high chair; so that he could be civilized with us.
He now has some of his meals at the table.
We are practicing his manners for when he goes on a mission:
or for when he woos virtuous women. He will be a lady killer...a lady killer with manners.

Comments

satomblablabla said…
oh that little guy of yours is such a cutie! and i laughed when i saw the pics because max has the exact same big!

what a big boy, eating at the table!
satomblablabla said…
p.s. i absolutely love your new blog look and the title!! and i just read a bunch of your posts further down and thoroughly enjoyed myself! i feel like i know you better now that i've read your blog. hehehe …

hmm… i'm not sure that our blog reading is helping us get together more often. :P it's okay though, i'm going to think of it as a start of feeling more "connected"
The Bears said…
Amen to the not loving to cook. I think I was playing with the unicorns the day homemaking skills were being handed out. I too have been being prompted by Heavenly Father to get with the program and try and make this weakness a strength. Good luck to you and know that you are not alone in this endeavor.
Mrs. Olsen said…
I keep thinking I'm doing some future wife a huge favor by teaching my boys to do dishes.
C.B. Scoresby said…
Clever new blog title. I love cleverness and you usually wreak (reek? reak?) of it. It's so fun to keep up with you in this blogging world. You're such a fun mom.
Love the new blog title and picture-so clever! And Steele is already a lady killer - look at that face!
Christy Dyer said…
Candace, I love how you are always trying to do the "right" thing. Always! You are such a good example in everything from community involvement, personal development and mothering. Keep up the great work. I do like your new title page too!