Warmer clothes

Our drooler. I do not think that my children swallow saliva. All of the wet spots around him, including on his onesie came from his mouth. The poor boy is 24/7 soaked, and I am constantly asked if he is teething. Maybe. Sarah did not get her teeth until she was close to one year, and she stopped swallowing her own saliva shortly after birth.

He was weighed and measured today. Because he was only in the 5th percentile in weight, I was given multiple suggestions on how to help my skinny boy gain. Everything from dressing him in warmer clothes, because it takes calories to keep warm, to pumping the foremilk before he eats, so that he can get more of the creamy calorie dense desert at the end.
I was told that his lankiness was probably hereditary. "His father is lanky, right?" the nurse asked.
That is when I start to worry a little. Andrew and I had absolutely no natural skinniness to pass on to this boy.

I will dress him in warmer clothes.

Comments

Brandi said…
I'm sure there's some ancestor that Steele'slankiness can be attributed to. Don't worry about it - do family history instead!
The Bears said…
Skinny as a Rail... get it??? I am slapping myself on the knee right now... I'm so amused.
B and C said…
Oh my Luke is like a faucet right now too! Everyone keeps saying he's teething but there's no sign of teeth! Steele sure is a cutie...drool and all ;)
Candace said…
Skinny or not Steele is a handsome little man! I love reading your posts - keep them coming!
Jon + Kat said…
My kids were beanpoles too until the solid food game. Now they are what I like to call "sturdy!" Waterworks started at the two month mark for both my kids, so I think it's normal and bless you for not putting a bib on him (pet peeve of mine! why hide the outfit?!) Oh, and have you checked out our aunts? Julie is all that is tall and slender. Cowboys are also long and lean. It's in our blood!
Shannon said…
Emerson is in the 5th% too--still!! Steele is so so handsome.

ps, can you send me the pics from the moms lunch? Thanks!
squiresclan said…
My kids were all always in the low percentiles for weight too. I never worried too much about it as long as they ate and were happy and active, what's in a percentile, he is such a cutie too!!
Avi is just starting to blow little spit bubbles. It is so cute. The spit just stays on her lips, tho. It doesn't get on anything yet, but I am sure it will eventually. He looks so handsome, I really wouldn't be worried about his size. He is healthy and happy, right? Does anything else matter? When he gets older I will teach him some mad basketball skillz and he will be the next Larry Bird.