After the Funeral

Even with the knowledge of the Resurrection, losing a dear one still hurts.


But, with the knowledge of the Resurrection, coupled with the sweet Gift called the Holy Ghost, there was joy too.

Forever family became a little sweeter, and ever stronger.


We were ever grateful for Ministering Angels sent to save us. (These are the women at McDonalds who scooped up Brandi's babies and watched over them while Brandi tended to Juliet).
For family members a little closer to the veil. The man on the right is Uncle Terry, our family Patriarch. Besides being the eldest, he spends the most time in the temple making him downright angelic.
And the ones closest to the veil on the other end.



I was amazed at even more angels from the Hibbard 5th Ward. Never has a family been served better from a ward. They thought of ways to serve that I had never considered.






The Gospel has always been everything to me and mine. Now it is Everything with a capital 'E'. It is the reason we smile, with our arms wrapped even more tightly around each other.

Comments

Crystal said…
Oh, Candice. My whole heart breaks for your dear family. I sure do miss you.
The Bears said…
Family is the best medicine and Forever Families can cure all.
Kim and Preston said…
Candice you are simply amazing! Your testimony of eternal families is inspiring!
Jon + Kat said…
That is a fantastic picture of Jaclyn on the bottom. Could you email that one to me?
Ben and Shara said…
wonderful pictures. I wish I had my camera there. I'm so glad that I went to the services, for many reasons, but one of them was to be with my cousins. I needed to feel your strength. I love my cousins!
Kara said…
Thanks for giving these updates. I don't think I have ever met Steve and Brandi, but my heart aches for their little family. What a beacon of faith that radiates through this whole grievous experience.
This is a beautiful post. Thanks for sharing Candice - I love you!
jennaloha said…
Every time I see there's a new post from you in my feeds I immediately start crying before I even see it! You are not nice to make your friends cry so much.


But keep posting. I love your truly inspirational words. I just love you, Candice.
satomblablabla said…
I don't know what happened, but thank you for sharing your testimony with us!!
Becky said…
Candice, Candice, thank you so much for sharing these photographs with us. Thank you so much for your faith. We were so sad that we can't be there to offer our love and support but are heartened to hear that their family and ward are making a difference for them. Brandi and Steve and kids are all still in our thoughts and prayers. We sure love our cousins!
The Conductor said…
Candice, I have been thinking about and praying for your sweet sister Brandi ever since I saw your Facebook post. Something came to my mind tonight and I felt I should pass it along to Brandi in the hopes it might help at least a little bit, either now or down the road. www.agoodgrief.com is sort of a community of parents who have lost children and are helping each other through the grieving process. My friend who lost a child earlier this year said this site has been very helpful for her. Please let Brandi know of our love and prayers for her and her family.

Hugs,

Amy (Clifton) Jones
Josh and Amber said…
This was a beautiful post candice. I love reading your words and i'm so glad I was able to be there and see my cousins. I love and miss all of you a lot!
Shannon said…
Wow, I cannot believe how amazing your family is. I don't know your sister but I am thinking about her and her family. So good to hear of all the people looking out for them and taking care of them.