Midway Creche

No one does Christmas like Germany, and a close second entails taking a trip to Swiss settled, Midway, UT.
Sunday, we drove to the other side of Mt. Timpanogas and viewed my favorite Creche exhibit at the Midway LDS Stake Center (165 N Center).
These are pictures of us dressing up in Nativity Garb for the free pictures they take and give to you. The kids LOVED this.



Sarah ended up watching the Czech Marionettes three times with and without her cousins as the puppets magically reenacted the Savior's Birth.
Andrew specifically took a picture of this drawing, although I am not completely sure why...maybe he liked that the angel looks like Casper.

This is Andrew....I liked how among the angels that visited the shepherds was one of Pac-Man's Ghosts.

The ghost angel helps me understand why the Shepherds might have trembled a little. It is pretty scary.

Better eat your power pellet, Good Shepherd.

Comments

The Bears said…
How I would love to check out Germany at Christmastime... maybe I'll have to go to Midway for a close second. I've never been there.
Kim and Preston said…
That is so fun! How fun...i love traditions and being able to see how others celebrate christmas.
Becky said…
Beautiful pics! And Pac-Man Ghosts! What the wee ones must be thinking about the angels, I don't know :) Can you believe I've never been to a Mid-way Festival? I am ready to pack up my car with kids and head over there right now.
Candace said…
Oh my little Sarah! What a fun idea. You and Andrew always find the good stuff. Happy Holidays!
Jon + Kat said…
Lovin' the dress up idea! We love a free photo though! I laughed out loud for the Pacman comment. Awesome!
Mrs. Olsen said…
nativity marionettes? I want some!