The Dress

We had not posted in a while, and now I am purging with missed posts, which I might never catch up on...but maybe I will. My blog is a real history for me, as well as a place to communicate with others that I love because I lose my cell phone all of the time.

So I am trying to communicate again.

Sarah has spent serious dancing time these last few weeks due in part to her dancing dress.

She picked it out at GAP, and it is the best twirling dress ever made, in that the twirl begins just below the shoulders (i.e. the armpits). Brilliant.

She wears it all day, every day. When we go out, she wears it with a sweater (because the dress is immodest, and it is freezing outside), and blue moon boots from Walmart; the dress because it is beautiful, and the Moonboots, because she can put them on herself and I am lazy, regardless of how horrible moonboots look with a pink dress, or any piece of clothing.

Every evening when Andrew gets home we run upstairs, where he puts on our family dancing playlist. We all love to dance, and we do it all together every day a few minutes. I will have to post our dance list sometime. We are big on South Africa music.

Sarah actually prefers classical ballet music, though, because it goes better with the dress.

Comments

Abigail said…
Cute dress! If you like South African music ... you need to try out Mango Groove if you haven't already.
Anonymous said…
It was fun reading over your catch-up posts. Such a great family you have!
The Bears said…
I always get jealous of little girl dresses. I am not a big dress wearer, but if they made the grown up dresses as cute as the kid dresses, I would change my ways.
Christy Dyer said…
oh so fun! I love that you dance together as a family. We did that when our kids were still at home. Great memories. By the way, I love the tribute to your marriage. You are exemplary!