A Family Set Apart

My cousin Keri just shared this with me, from the youth pages of lds.org.



One of the stars is my Dad. He is the pilot and the one giving the fireside. He built the museum that houses the airplanes and owns most of them.

Cool hobby, huh?

It is fun to have something a little bit different...a little bit special in your family that sets you apart. I was blessed to be born into a family with a rich family culture of being a little out of the ordinary in a great way.

I am still trying to come up with something that sets my tiny Team Rail apart. As my children grow, I believe that will be more defined.

I want to have a great family culture. I want it to be cooler to be a Rail for my kids than being on any sports team, club, or group of friends (although those are great too if they are making good choices).

I want this because I want to get my entire family back to Heavenly Father with me more than I want to breath. I want our kids to desire to be with our family forever so vehemently that they will choose Team Rail over anything.

Go Team Rail.

Comments

Christy Dyer said…
Candace, the Rail Family is already set apart because of the way you live, the way you interact with people, the love you share. Good job Team Rail!
Anonymous said…
What a great video clip!

I think one thing that sets the Rail family apart is the very desire you talk of: that returning to your Heavenly Father is your ultimate goal. Keep up the wonderful work!
Ben and Shara said…
I want this too. how do we make it happen? I wish there was a Bagley guide book or an "eternal families for dummies" book.
Candice said…
You took the words right out of my mouth (but said them in a funnier way:) Shara.
Mrs. Olsen said…
I hear ya sister. I am already behind on the "if I want my kid to make a dent in high school basketball sign him up for camps and clubs starting at age 3" to be a standout.

I want a family name standout pride thing going on. Well-said and makes me think. Sometimes it's hard to define your culture with meals to fix, diapers to wipe, etc.

You seem to have a great culture of travel & tolerance, religion and optimism. Those are awesome!