Something New

Last week I wrote that there was nothing new, but today there is.

I got a new calling today.

I HAD been in the Young Womens for over three years. I LOVE Young Womens. When I am 95-years-old, I will still love Young Womens and being with the youth, shakin' my 95-year-old body at the youth dances, and cheering at Girl's Camp. I will probably be a Young Womens leader in the next life too. That, or in the Relief Society, but I will have to have lived a Super Celestial life to deserve that one. Nothing touches Relief Society in wonderfulness.

My most feared calling is Primary. I am not sure why. I have always dreaded it. That calling or Ward Librarian. Those are two callings that I willed not to come to me.

I was called to the Primary.

Thank goodness the Church is True, because even while I sat sobbing through Sacrament Meeting as they released and recalled me, I felt myself change, shift.

I have changed into a Primary Teacher. I will love it. I am pumped.

Comments

Jensens said…
You will be great, the Primary needs you! And I'm SO EXCITED that we get to trade off :)
Christy Dyer said…
I love how the Lord changes our hearts! Thanks for sharing that sweet story.
Anonymous said…
You will do awesome. I felt the same way when I was called to Primary years ago. I had been in Young Women and thought I was going to be so sad, but my heart shifted. I completely loved being in that calling. Then, three years later when I got released, I had the same feeling: it was time. I love the way the Lord prepares our hearts and gives us opportunities to serve that we need.
Kim and Preston said…
We will miss you and so will the Young Women, but the primary will love you!! They will be so happy to have you and you will love it :)
The Bears said…
I didn't think I would like Primary, but I did. It was just that I liked Relief Society so much, I didn't want to miss it, but two weeks into my calling and I was totally in Primary mode and forgot that anything else existed. I was almost confused when I went back to Relief Society... hmmm... you guys don't have singing time???
Dan said…
What age group? I subbed the 6 year olds once and I just got silly and they laughed... until the time was up.
Unknown said…
The hardest thing I ever did was get released from YW. Seeeerious. I felt like I was fired. I wish I could have been able to let go as readily as you. But I'm not as Celestial as you so what can you expect really?
Valerie said…
I can totally relate. I love being in Young Women's and dread a primary calling. Good thing the Lord makes all those decisions for us. How lucky for your primary!
Kimberly T. said…
I'm a little late on this post, but I too was just released from YW and put in as primary song leader - one of those dreaded callings for me. Little did I know how much fun I would have. Hope primary has turned into a blessing for you, too. I still really miss being with my girls in YW, though.