Still Winter

Does it seem that this winter is one of the longer ones?

Well, it is not yet July and snowing, but I have been mistakenly thinking that 'spring is just around the corner' for a few months.

Anyway, in celebration of a spring not yet arrived, I took my sequestered, backyard-less children to the park. Liberty Park. The fabled Central Park of Salt Lake City.

We were the only ones who had that great idea.
I did not have long to wonder why.
My little-ones were sadly under-dressed for the weather. But since PBS Kids had recommended one hour of outside play every day, I had to keep them out there for at least an hour (I take recommendations seriously).

I knew that I had probably taken it a little far when Steele's tooth started chattering. Violently.
But we still had a marvelous time and will return again tomorrow.

Comments

Ben and Shara said…
I have been "pushing" outside time lately and have locked the door so they can't come back in. I've thrown hats and gloves out to make it easier.

you are a good momma to join them.
Anonymous said…
Good for you! I need to be more enthusiastic about park days. When my oldest two were little we were very faithful, but now the two youngest are getting the short end of that stick.