What is new?

Saturday, I went into Banana Republic for a short shift. I had not been there for a week, so when I saw other associates, they asked me, "So, what is new?"

I could not think of anything. I had not been skydiving lately, we had not moved, I had not learned a new language, no new children, I have not traveled to another country, or won any awards as of late.

I wanted to have done something new and hard. Something that would have made time slow down. For example, when you begin a new semester in school, or begin a new job, or have a new baby, time slows down, and a week stretches to a month. That is what I wanted to have done.

And I would have had a cool answer to that question.

Here is my picture for the week. I love Steele's long eyelashes. I love his wise eyes. I love the way that he looks at people, observing them until he can call them friend.


Comments

B and C said…
Oh goodness he is getting so handsome. Wish he and Luke could play together! The daily routine as a Mom can be a little mundane I agree but think of all that has happened in the short 9+ months our baby boys have been alive.

Next time you can answer with, "I am in the process of teaching a little human being how to crawl/walk, talk, eat healthy foods, be a nice boy, how to sleep through the night ect.. Oh and that's just ONE of the TWO kids I have, and I am doing this all while trying to manage a budget keep my house clean, do service for others and cook and shop for food and hold a part time job.... But ya know nothing much happening around here!'

And see what there reaction is???
LOL
Sarah MomE25 said…
I agree with the last comment. I know how difficult the regular daily routines can get. But with what my family is doing right now, I can not wait to get back to the "normal". It wont last forever. Change is a part of life and will be there for you when it is time.
Jon + Kat said…
Some days, I'm very thankful that I don't have a cool answer for "what's new?" Other days, and I think this is the Bagley side talking, I really wish I could say I started my own business, or started a pottery class, or learned that I'm going to be a star of something. Yeah.
Brandi said…
You're trying too hard. We're not in college anymore, it's not about who has the coolest story or biggest resume, it's about enjoying the miracle of everyday with your children and loving your life for what it is. Julie B. Beck came to Rexburg last week and she spoke on this very thing. She said that our time and talents belong to Him anyway so ask Him to help you find balance, purpose, develop talents, and keep your covenants as you manage your day to day life. She said a lot of other really wonderful things, but I don't want to overshare. Just be happy Candice. You're already fabulous.
Sarah MomE25 said…
Sometimes when i feel stuck in a mommy rut, I sign up and take a class. Like photography, cake decorating,... something just for me.