Lovely weekend

A not-yet Latter-day saint and lifetime Utah girl mentioned that it was Conference Weekend. I was surprised and pleased that she was aware of it. It is kind of like someone being aware of your birthday, but better. It happens to be my very favorite weekend (x2) of the year-trumping my birthday.

She mentioned that it almost always rains on Conference Weekend. I had honestly not noticed. I just notice that every 6 months, the Church is truer, and I understand what I need to do to be a little happier.

Well, I noticed the rain theory this Conference weekend. What in the world!? And not merely rain. Is blizzard too strong of a word?

(this was taken Sunday morning as we were getting ready to have Breakfast with my beloved in-laws)
Oh, Bernice, if you ever find my blog, please know that God loves this church even though he does not make Utah weather miracles for it. Wait a minute...moisture is a desert miracle!

***************************************

I have peaceful in-laws. I write that because I am super intense and come from an intense family. It is a sweet thing for someone like me to being around such...calming....people. I love them for that, and a thousand other reasons.

My children love them even more than I do, which is a lot.
Andrew took the children to the park on the Conference day that was actually outside tolerable. He taught Sarah to play baseball with a real bat. None of those hollow plastic things.

I thought this picture was interesting because of Steele's locale. Can you find him? Over by the truck. Away from all adults.
Andrew swears that the picture makes him look a lot further away than he really is.

I am sure that baby boy Rail is not really closer to the road than to his Dad. It is just a camera trick...right?

Comments

Christy Dyer said…
It feel like you do about conference, and sad that it is over. Can't wait for the "re-runs"!
The Bears said…
Love the truck picture... hmmm... I'm suspicious, but I'll give Andrew the benefit of the doubt.