Cowboy Poetry

I remember thinking, "nothing is going on this weekend...or last...or the last."

I was wrong.

I was merely looking at the wrong calendar.

Andrew and I used to get all of our cultural event information from the Salt Lake Tribune calendar. It was amazing. We WERE culture in Salt Lake. If it was free, fun, and maybe educational, we were there. Then the Trib's calendar changed. And we could not find anything to do.

Well, Drew found the event database that powered the Tribune's old calendar: SpinGo. All I have to say is, "Thank you, SpinGo, for deleting the words: 'nothing is going on today' from our family vocabulary."

I have not blogged FOREVER, so I would like to share some photos from Andrew's Tablet of an event we found on SpinGo.

Antelope Island, Utah, hosted Cowboy Poetry and music. We ate amazing Dutch Oven, rode horses, listened to excellent music...


Can you see the beautiful Great Salt Lake in the background?
Tried to rope with a baby on my back (though I do not know how much I would improve without the baby), and had a wonderful, educational, super free day.

Yee Haw. Thanks SpinGo.

Comments

The Bears said…
I always wondered how you guys heard about so many differet things. Now I'll just wonder how you have the energy to go to so many things and how you fit it in around naps. Somehow I missed the blog before about more Rails... Yay!!!
Jon + Kat said…
You guys do the most random things! Love it! Just heard about the inexpensive Rail #3 event and we'll pray that it works quickly! Love you guys!
I have backpack envy! Steele looks nice and comfy in there. I am glad your family is staying busy having fun.