Youth Conference

In my own personal Heaven, Lake Powell would be my backyard, and we would have Youth Conference every week.
And even though I might be in Primary (like now), they would never forget to invite us.

I am still basking in the residual happiness from ours on Friday.
I had forgotten how much I love teenagers. They are the best. Luckily, Andrew and I are really good at games, so we were invited this year to preside over all of the game activities.

I was grateful they did not ask us to be over logistics...like food, transportation, or even thinking of ordering porta-potties or bringing bug spray, which might not have occurred to me. But games...bring it on.



We had the youth make up their own commemorative Manti youth conference line dances, played bird-on-a-wire, Indian Chief, Ooga Booga, and for team building sake, made them stand on blankets and flip them over to the other side without stepping off of the blankets.
Not easy.

But they did it.
They can do anything.





Sarah and Steele came with us.
I am grateful for those nurturing types that show up at youth conferences who love our children almost as much as we do.

Our children were in Heaven too.
I am grateful for our rockin' leaders who are definitely going to the Celestial Kingdom after this.

Yah, Heaven is usually up, but this weekend, it was in Manti, UT.


Comments

Candace said…
Oh Candice & Andrew - you are the best thing that happened to Youth Conference. Every game we played was over-the-top awesomeness and the kids LOVED it!
Kim and Preston said…
It was so much fun wasn't it! You and Andrew definatly rocked the games! I was amazed every time you came up with a new one and know that the kids loved it as did I.
Christy Dyer said…
Oh, will you come to Cochabamba and teach us games to play with the elders at Christmas, and will you write me and tell me what your mission mom did that you loved?