Lofgrans, Cache Valley, and a Son of Helaman

Friday night I laid out our clothes for a huge Saturday. We woke up before the summer sun, and drove to Idaho for a baptism and baby blessing.
The timing was perfect, and we walked in just as they were beginning. Above is my sweet sisters picture, and below is our newest family member, Cara, and her older sister, Ava.
As I watched Steve baptise Laurel, I could not help but think how worth a 3.5 hour drive was just to feel that spirit. And I detest long drives.

But I would do it again and again, just to feel the way I felt that day.
While I love ordinances, there is nothing that compares to ordinances of family.
I was so glad to be there.
We then drove to Cache Valley to hang out with friends, get some cheese and milk from our favorite Gossner Dairy, and enjoy Cache Valley Days.
My yardless kids LOVED the sprinklers. Our friends bemoned the fact that they did not have electric sprinklers, but my children were grateful for this little beauty.
They had an oldschool swingset that looked circa 1949, and was sturdy enough for all of us.
I mean all of us.
I was going to throw in parade pictures in Cache Valley, but so much joy was had on this swing, that it eclipsed everything else.
We fell into bed that night.
Since I am writing this on Sunday evening, I had to throw in today's after nap activity.
We visited Brigham Young's grave, toured the Conference Center Roof, and then hung out on Temple Square. After watching the Helaman video several times, I decided that when Steele grows up, he is going to be like those good warrior boys, and I was going to be like their Moms.

Happy Sabbath.

Comments

The Bears said…
Any day spent in Logan is a day I am jealous of. I'm going to have to find out where Brigham Young is buried. I want to visit it too.
Christy Dyer said…
Candace you are an inspiration to all who come in contact with you.
Ben and Shara said…
how do you guys manage to do so much? I can't imagine accomplishing so much.
I also really love how you spend your time in SLC.