The Bagley Reunion

While everyone is posting their first day of school entries, I have to write a summer event before I forget the details.

I cannot begin to describe how I felt about this experience...the Bagley Reunion. Now, this was not your normal egg-tossing, potato salad feasting reunion. We met in the middle of nowhere-I mean, Wyoming, for a Pioneer Trek in the actual place where the Saints were rescued.

It turned out to be one of my favorite reunions...and I have always LOVED the annual Bagley Reunion.
Since we are getting older, and my cousins now have grandchildren, the annual reunion turned biannual (that is the one every other year, right?).
I am grateful for diligent family members who persist in gathering us. I forget how great it feels to be with cousins who are like me. We were raised by the same kind of people, and we like each other very much.

I feel strong around them.
Probably because they are strong. And funny.
And excellent storytellers.
But mix that with walking on sacred ground. Not merely Lava Hot Springs Ground, but a hallowed place...
And you get a lot of joy.
There was a great spirit.
I feasted off of the leftovers for days (leftover spirit, I mean-like post General Conference).
I am related by blood and marriage to some of the best people on this planet
and several others

in my opinion.
I also felt, more than any other time
the power of the pioneers who died here.

and of God's miracles.

My parents, and two sets of Aunts and Uncles are currently serving at this sacred place, and they made excellent guides.
This was definitely one of my favorite things that I did this summer.
Hang out with people that love and protect me.
Go Bagleys.

Comments

Miss K$ said…
GO CANDICE! I loved this reunion. I liked this post too. I also loved when you helped every wagon up the hill. Touching and true to your normal every day actions in life. You embody the bagley spirit.
Kimberly T. said…
That is so cool. I can only imagine what a fun reunion that would be.
Andrew said…
Looks like so much fun. Did your husband wimp out and stay home or something?
Ben and Shara said…
so fun. I wish I would have gone. Even without a husband. That would have been interesting. But I wish I would have gone.