Primary Extra Credit

I have to say before this post, what a trooper my husband was in going to the Bagley Reunion. He sacrificed a weekend that he could have spent with his brother and drove forever only to get run over with a handcart. That kind of selflessness will secure me yours forever, babe.

Sarah is giving the talk in Primary this week, hence the name of the post. I, the over-excited Mom, took the subject, 'Missionary Work' (preaching the Gospel to every Kindred, Tongue, and People) maybe a little far.
I thought it would be awesome if we hiked Ensign Peak, and, like Brigham Young did, raise our yellow-bandanna-tied-to-walking-stick Ensign at the top of this mountain. Maybe it would be a great addition to the talk, I thought. Maybe she will remember what she did as a 4-year-old, and it will inspire her in the future. I hope.
I almost used the word 'Ensign' as Sarah's middle name. Although, 'Luella' won out, I felt that she would be an Ensign. It was her title. So watching Sarah wave her Ensign moved me.
Some people raise doctors and lawyers. I always felt that we are raising missionaries.
Who will wave their yellow flags all over the world.
Look out world, we have a couple of mighty Ensigns on their way.
Hopefully, her talk goes well.

Comments

The Bears said…
I bet they will be great missionaries. What a fun idea to do as a family. I am a wimp though and will probably wait till cooler fall temps prevail before I hike up any mountains.
Christy Dyer said…
Yeah for the Rail family. We love families who raise missionaries!
Cath said…
Candice - I love this post! I don't think you're over the top. I think you're deliberate, wise, and inspiring. A great idea. I have no doubt you are raising missionaries for the world. xo
B and C said…
Wonderful experience. I love it!