Trying to love Fall

Last Sunday we trekked to Temple Square to enjoy the last days of Fall.
I am one of the only people in my world who struggles with Fall. For some reason, I treat it like an ominous entry to a long winter, instead of the cool start to a new...football season or something. I have been working on just rejoicing in it.
For Fall is a thing to rejoice in.
My only two pregnancies have begun in Fall, and while I LOVE being pregnant, the first trimester is incredibly rough for me. Hence, the smell of Autumn makes me nauseous.
I put these pictures in, only because I like it when the blogger actually shows pictures of herself. I wish that I were not drawn to sweats and t-shirts after church on Sundays. My clothing clashed with the beauty around me.
I looked all over the grounds for the Forget-me-not Flower ala President Uchdorf. Is this it? It has five petals, but it does not look like the one in his talk. Regardless, the flowers on the square were gorgeous, and the smells were wonderful.

Happy Fall.

Comments

Ben and Shara said…
so fun. I also gravitate towards casual clothes on Sundays. You look great. Just as beautiful as your surroundings.

Also, although I'm only 99% sure I believe you found the right flowers!
bBchronicles said…
Hi Candice -
THANKS for dropping by my blog to say HI! Love your post and am feeling the same way about "Trying to love fall"!!!!!!! Love your photos especially your baby playing in the fountain!!!!! - priceless. I want to go to Temple Square so bad - maybe during harvest?!

Anyway - the little HOMESTEAD you were asking about is right across the street from Taco Time (on the south side of Taco Time). I'm sure you've seen it a million times - be sure and drop by before winter - it's a lovely place!!!!! Hugs!
ann said…
LOVED President Uchtdorf's talk. You have a cute, cute family. :)
Christy Dyer said…
I love how you enjoy the simple pleasures in life and then write so that we can enjoy them.
The Bears said…
It is so funny how one person's best time of year can be another's hard time of year. Fall is my favorite time. I love the cooler weather, which is even more dramatic of a break when you grow up in a humid climate. Literally one day the heat just breaks and you want to dance. My only pregnancy began in April, so Fall was just about the time I could breathe again. I know how difficult it can be to not love a time of year, so I hope you can enjoy it. Love Sarah's violin post.
Steve said…
Nice beard. Never regret growing a beard.