The Birthday Meal

We eat out with vigor two times a year. December and July, my birthday month and Andrew's birthday month respectively.

For this is the time that our free birthday meals are emailed to us. The best birthday coupon of them all is Benihanas.

This is us approaching our $30 of free Benihana birthday food. Unpictured is us walking away because it was still closed. We should have checked the times.

So, I returned to the restaurant after the children's bedtime. Yes, alone. It was the last day before my coupon expired (December 29), and my little family was exhausted. So was I, but for some reason, free food rallied my reserves.

It was surprisingly nice to eat part of my birthday meal by myself (no one throwing chopsticks), and then pack up the portions that I ordered for Andrew and have an even better time at home.

Happy Birthday month to me.

Comments