Intoxicated with Spring

I am intoxicated with Spring.  I worry about missing one smidgen of beautiful weather, so I have tried to smash a summertime into these first days.
My first awesome idea was to have a barbecue at Sugarhouse Park.  Okay, it was not my best idea.  I have officially been weened of the desire to cook hamburgers at a park in the company of hungry seagulls.  We went to the Dodo for desert directly after (an hour-and-half cooking time, with my worry of all manner of diseases), and I smelled like a smoker.
But, the weather was pristine.  And the geese were not yet fat from a summertime worth of bread, so they appreciated our leftover hamburger buns.
On Sunday, we took a trip to the Salt Lake City cemetery.  I have covertly been trying to find empty space for my family by prophets (I would volunteer to remove some nasty tree stumps) so that we could maybe meet them on Resurrection Day, if they are not too busy.
They have finally turned on the outdoor water fountains.  I had read somewhere that water fountains are not as disease infested as we thought.  They are relatively clean.  I am staking our health on that.
We drink from them often.  We are still alive.

Happy Spring.


Comments

Ben and Shara said…
It was so nice to catch up with you. Congratulations. I love how you slid your pregnancy announcement in there at the end. Good thing I was reading closely.

Congrats. please don't get too tired or too sick. that is no fun at all!