Love Memorial Day


Sarah dancing to the bagpipes-Holiday Cemetary

Christmas is great, Thanksgiving even better, but for me, Memorial Day is just as joyful and sacred to me.
The fallen soldiers.  Sarah actually thought that she was standing by a picture of Uncle Zach Brunson.  Very much alive.
I grew up not realizing fully that this was a day for our Veterans.  For me, it was a day to remember family.  And I did.
Then I married a military brat.  My patriotism magnified.  And now Memorial day is for soldiers and family.
We always start the day with the Utah Pipe Band at one of the cemeteries.  We LOVE them.  Sarah became a celebrity with her enthusiastic jigging.  We love that Utah is somehow a mecca for Bagpipes.  We are fans.

Utah Pipe Band

Highland Dancers

Steele watching some serious live country music
We then go to Antelope Island for the Cowboy Festival.  It is a LONG drive, but very worth it.
Horse rides

Roping...kind of
Leather Tooling





Comments

Miss K$ said…
I love the vid of her dancing!!
Christy Dyer said…
I love the pleasure you get out of the very simple but wonderful things in life.